WHAT WE DO
Working For a Prosperous
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Restart – A Business Embassy for diaspora and foreign investors
We started almost five years ago. At that time, representatives of the Bosnian
American Friendship Association (BAFA) and SEEBA met, sharing an idea to launch a
project to help investors coming to BiH by easing their administration pains. Today,
we operate as a business embassy for foreign companies, offering turn-key solutions,
including end-to-end project concierge services for new investment setups with legal
and administrative transparency.
Our mission is to foster new investments and create jobs in BiH by serving as a
trusted broker, bringing together capital, know-how and connections. We plan to
strengthen BiH’s connection to the world, resulting in long-term economic growth
through international investments.
USAID’s Diaspora Invest Activity
In 2017, Restart signed a five-year service subcontract as part of USAID’s Harnessing BiH Diaspora for Economic Development Activity – “Diaspora Invest.”
This project will create new job opportunities across a range of sectors through increased diaspora investment, with an emphasis on providing capital to viable, but underfunded, small- and medium-size firms and startups.
The project has three key components:
- leveraging diaspora input into the development of an institutional policy framework for diaspora investment;
- expanding diaspora direct investment by providing technical assistance and grants to eligible, early-stage SMEs and startups; and
- developing a sustainable local platform to provide business services and investment facilitation to diaspora
- All the Restart founders come from strong and successful leadership positions of the top companies in the country
- Some of the Restart founders lead successful companies with a track record in the sector of Online Marketing for international markets
- Founders of Restart have entrepreneurship background and have personally faced all the obstacles of running the business in the country and found ways not only to overcome them but to thrive
- BAFA membership reads like “Who is Who” of Bosnia. It has a very powerful and prestigious member base, which allows you to connect to the right people quickly
- We have very large database and strong ties to various diaspora organizations as well as influential individuals around the globe
Restart is your trusted partner
How We Do It?
Restart offers fully prepared “turnkey solutions”, including project concierge services for new investment setups with full legal and administrative transparency.
Legal & Administrative Services
Restart offers complete administrative and paperwork consulting services to help you establish a new company. For investors or individuals who
have a hard time navigating through Bosnia and Herzegovina’s legal framework and complex administrative processes, Restart offers a “turn-key” solution, including:
- Handling various administrative procedures required for company registration in the municipal court
- Finding a suitable office space and handling related lease paperwork
- Providing experienced accountants and legal experts
Connecting Projects with Investors
As a business embassy for the diaspora and foreign investors, we handle business requests and facilitate investments by connecting reliable projects with potential investors via diaspora networks and their contacts around the world. Restart’s Management Board members are entrepreneurs and managers who have lived abroad and understand the obstacles − but also the opportunities − of running businesses in BiH. We invite investors to get in touch with us if they are looking for interesting investment opportunities.
Restart’s Management Board members are entrepreneurs and managers who have lived abroad and understand the obstacles − but also the opportunities − of running businesses in BiH. We invite investors to get in touch with us if they are looking for interesting investment opportunities.
Networking is an investment in your business. It takes time, and when done correctly can yield great results for years to come!
Few people who live abroad have had the opportunity to hear business investor success stories in BiH. Besides providing counseling and legal support to interested investors, Restart’s main mission is to restore the confidence of BiH’s diaspora and bring new investment to the country, demonstrating the possibilities of establishing a successful business and flourishing in this market and beyond.
Restart promotes these success stories and aims to connect the BiH market with the top-10 countries within which diaspora populations reside through networking and knowledge-sharing events.
An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest.
Startups need a well thought out business plan to succeed, and businesses need steady growth and strong teams to flourish. Staff education and innovation only lead to progress. The market grows and changes so fast that it is necessary to constantly learn and thrive in your field. We organize educational events, conferences, courses and skill-based training within different sectors, as needed, to help you either build your business plan or strengthen your team and grow your business.